About Osseo

General Information

General Information

Please refer to the frequently asked questions listed below to help direct your inquiry to the appropriate subject or police department personnel.

If you have a question and there is no information listed on this page, please contact the Osseo Police Department by phone at 763.424.5444.

Body Worn Cameras

In 2020, the Osseo Police Department deployes new squad dash cameras into its fleet of vehicles and issued every officer a body-worn camera (BWC). Squad car cameras have been in use by the department since the early 2000's, but the addition of BWC's are a new asset to the department.

BWC's will be mandatorily worn by officers to record their interactions with the public or gather video evidence at crime scenes. The new cameras are designed to automatically upload recordings from the squad camera and BWC directly offsite onto a cloud storage system. The new cameras are intended to promote accountability, foster trust in law enforcement, and caputre evidence.

Body-Worn Camera Policy

Osseo City Code

You can view the Osseo City Code.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions for the Osseo Police Department. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us and we will be able to assist you.

Q: Where is the Osseo Police Department located?
415 Central Ave. Osseo, MN 55369

Q: What are the office hours for the Osseo Police Department?
Monday - Thursday:  7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday:  7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Saturday & Sunday:  Office is closed.

**If you need to speak with an officer and the office is closed, please dial 911.

Q: Where can I get a copy of a police report?
You can pick up a copy of a report at the Police Department offices. Please allow five to seven business days for all reports to be entered and filed before requesting a copy.

Q: Do I need to dial 911 to speak with an officer?
Yes. The Osseo Police Department is unable to staff our office all hours of the week, and there is not always an officer in the office to answer the phones. If it is an emergency, or you want to report a crime please dial 911. For all other reasons, you can call the Police Department and leave a message with our Office Manager or via voice-mail and someone will return your call as soon as possible.

Q: Can I report a crime anonymously?
Yes, you may report crimes anonymously. If you speak to an officer, they will always ask for your name and how to contact you. Why do we do this? Often times, we find we need more information once we begin to look into your report. We may need to clarify something you said. We may need to get more details to allow us to make an arrest, apply for a search warrant, or take some other action on your complaint. In some circumstances, we cannot legally take action on anonymous complaints. If you feel you must remain anonymous, it is helpful if you will at least give us a phone number so we can reach you later.

Our experience in Osseo has shown that retaliation against individuals who report crime is rare. Thousands of people give their names to the police while reporting crimes without suffering any reprisals. We appreciate and respect the courage and civic responsibility of those who get involved and report crimes. Many times, the statement of those witnesses are instrumental in prosecuting those who choose to violate the law. So, whether you choose to give your name or remain anonymous, please let us know about any crime in your neighborhood.

Q: How much will I have to pay for a traffic/parking ticket I received?
Depending on the violation, the amount to be paid varies. To find out the exact amount call 651.281.3219 or click the following link to the Hennepin County Brookdale Courthouse.

Q: What should I do if my vehicle is towed?
If your vehicle has been impounded or towed for snow removal, you need to bring with you the registered owner of the vehicle, proof of insurance and a valid licensed driver to the tow yard. If you do not have any of the previous mentioned necessities, you will not be able to retrieve your vehicle.

The Osseo Police Department uses Citywide Services for vehicle removal/impounding. They are located at 9309 83rd Avenue N. Brooklyn Park, MN 55445. Their phone number is 763.424.4900.

Q: What are the winter parking regulations for the City of Osseo?
During a snow emergency, residents are allowed to park on the street in all residential areas. However, residents are encouraged to remove their vehicles from the street so that City snowplow crews can plow snow to the curb when possible. After a snow emergency is declared, parking is prohibited in the downtown district for one night between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. This will provide the opportunity for City snowplow crews to haul away snow from the downtown area safely without risk of damaging parked vehicles. The City will make every attempt to declare a snow emergency no later than 8:00 p.m. For more details, visit the web page for the Snow Emergency Notification System.

Q: I live on the northwest side of Osseo, do I need a parking permit?
Yes. In order to park on the street during the school year, you must come to the Osseo Police Department and get a permit to place in your vehicles' front or rear windshield. These permits are free of charge for NORTHWEST OSSEO RESIDENTS ONLY and will not be given to students. If a vehicle is found without a permit, it will receive a citation. The permits are only required, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Do you have a question that is not listed above? Please contact the Osseo Police Department at 763.424.5444 or submit your question via email to osseopd@ci.osseo.mn.us