About Osseo



Osseo Parks are Tobacco-Free

Osseo recently joined many other cities, counties, and districts that are tobacco-free. The City Council approved its Outdoor Parks and Recreational Facilities Tobacco-Free Policy at the June 13, 2011, Council meeting. This means there should be NO tobacco use of any kind in either Sipe Park or Boerboom Park in Osseo. Signs will be posted soon stating the parks are Tobacco-Free. See more information in the Policy Maker's Guide to Tobacco-Free Policies for Community Park Systems.

Boerboom Veterans Park

Located at Central Avenue and 4th Street in downtown Osseo, Henry J. Boerboom Veterans Memorial Park offers a bandshell where concerts and performances are held during the summer months, along with movies and music in the park each Tuesday evening throughout the summer. The park is shaded, has picnic tables, and is beautifully landscaped. Large monuments commemorate the names of residents who have served in several wars. Boerboom Park is directly east across the street from City Hall, 415 Central Avenue, Osseo.


Osseo Farmers Market


Osseo Farmers Market, a proud member of Minnesota Grown, is located on 5th Street NE, next to Boerboom Park, 416 Central Avenue. Local vendors sell a wide range of fresh produce and other goods. The Osseo Farmers Market is open Tuesdays from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM every summer from July to September. This season starts on Tuesday, July 9!

If you have any questions about the Osseo Farmers Market, or wish to apply to be a vendor, please call Karen at 763-425-2624 or email at kbroden@ci.osseo.mn.us.  

Download the Guidelines and Application for the Osseo Farmers Market season.


Sipe Park

Located in the southeastern part of Osseo, Sipe Park is home to summer recreation activities. The park has tennis courts, a ball field, playground equipment, and lights. To reserve the ballfield for your use, please contact Public Services Director Nick Waldbillig at 763-425-5741 or by email.



During summer, the City of Osseo hosts a free sports & arts recreation programs for elementary-aged youth. Visit this site next year to learn more and register.

A summer recreation program is also handled through the Osseo Maple Grove Athletic Association (Osseo School District). Please visit their website for more information.


Special Event Permits

A Special Event Permit is required if one or more of the following apply to your event:

  • 200 or more individuals will be in attendance 
  • Temporary Alcohol License required
  • Admission or fees will be charged or donations requested while using City property
  • Special services will be required (road closure, traffic control, security, exclusive use of City property, etc.)

For more information and an application form, visit the Permits and Licenses page: https://www.discoverosseo.com/services/permits-and-licenses/