About Osseo

Crime/Victim Resources

Crime/Victim Resources

Rights and Services for Victims of Crimes

As a victim of a crime, you are entitled to the following:

1. The Right to request restitution.
2. The Right to be notified of plea negotiations.
3. The Right to be present at sentencing and to object orally or in writing to a proposed agreement or sentence.

Call the victim service providers below for information about other crime victim rights. If you feel your victim's rights have been violated, call the CRIME VICTIMS OBUDSMANS OFFICE at 612.624.0397. For Financial Assistance to Victim's of Violent Crime, call the CRIME VICTIMS RESTORATION BOARD at 612.642.0395.

24 Hour Crisis Phone Lines

Crime Victim Center (Any Crime Victim) -- 612.340.5400
Suicide Prevention Hotline -- 
Crisis Nursery -- 763.591.0100
24 Hour Toll Free Domestic Violence -- 1.866.223.1111
United Way -- 612.335.5000 or 651.291.0211
Sexual Violence Center -- 612.871.5111
Crisis Intervention Center (Acute Psychiatric Services) -- 612.873.3161

Domestic Violence Information

IF YOU ARE THE VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, the Osseo Police Department will pursue a criminal complaint on your behalf. You also have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order for Protection from domestic abuse. The order could include the following:

1. An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse;
2. An order directing the abuser to leave your household;
3. An order preventing the abuser from entering your residence, school, business or place of employment;
4. An order awarding you or the other person custody of or visitation with your minor child or children; or
5. An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a legal obligation to do so.

Emergency Shelters and Assistance

Metro Area Crisis and Shelter Information -- 612.646.0994
St. Joseph's House for Children -- 612.874.8867
Black Battered Women's Shelter -- 612.871.7878
Casa De Esperanza -- 651.772.1611
Lewis House -- 651.452.7288
Alexandria House -- 763.780.2330
Economic Assistance -- 612.348.7984
CEAP (Food, Shelter, Transportation Assistance) -- 763.566.9600
Home Free Shelter -- 763.559.4945
Division of Indian Works -- 612.722.8722
Women of Nations (Native American) -- 612.222.5836
Sojourner Shelter -- 952.933.7433
Women's Advocates -- 651.227.8284

Court Orders for Protection/Restraining

Hennepin County Orders for Protection -- 612.348.5073
Hennepin County Harassment Orders -- 612.348.5073

Community Resources and Information

North Hennepin Mediation Project -- 763.561.0033

Family and Children's Service -- 763.560.4412
Family Conflict Resolution -- 763.549.8952
Point Northwest -- 763.493.3052
DAP (Men and Women Support Groups) -- 612.874.7063

The Bridge -- 612.377.8800
GAP for Runaway Youth -- 763.494.6151

Hennepin County Legal Rights Center -- 612.337.0030
Legal Advice Clinic -- 612.339.9139
Legal Aid Society/Mpls Chrysalis -- 612.871.0118
Attorney Referral Service -- 612.752.6666

Police and Court Information

Osseo Police Department (Reports, Information) -- 763.424.5444
Osseo City Hall -- 763.425.2624
Osseo City Attorney -- 763.424.3733
Hennepin County Jail Offender Release Information (Downtown Mpls) -- 612.348.5112
Hennepin County Attorney -- 612.348.5550
Hennepin County Juvenile Center -- 612.348.3633
Hennepin County Public Defender -- 612.348.7530
Hennepin County Conciliation Court -- 612.348.2713
Hennepin County Dist. II Court  (Brooklyn Center) -- 763.569.2799
Hennepin County Child Protection -- 612.348.3552
MN State Patrol (West Metro District) -- 763.591.4680
DNR General Information -- 651.296.2549
MN Motor Vehicle License Bureau -- 651.296.6911
MN Driver's License Bureau -- 651.296.2025   
Crime Stoppers Crime Tip Lines/Rewards (Anonymous) -- 651.452.7463
Citywide Services (Towing) -- 763.424.4900

Homeland Security Investigations Victim Notification Program

This program allows victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien's release from custody. However, victim's and witnesses are required to register with this agency in order to recieve notification of a criminal alien's release. To access this program click on the website below.