Welcome to the Osseo Police Department!
The purpose of the Osseo Police Department is to protect and serve our citizens with a commitment to uphold those rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and to promote and maintain a safe, orderly and secure community through the delivery of the highest degree of professional law enforcement services.
To achieve these goals, the department is committed to:
- Showing courtesy and respect to all citizens while recognizing the changing needs of the individual and the community;
- The recruitment, selection, training and deployment of the best qualified individuals for positions within the agency;
- Encouraging employee participation, involvement and commitment to the overall goals and objectives of the city and the department and to foster a positive work environment;
- Developing citizen awareness, participation and support of community-based policing, DARE, crime prevention endeavors and educational components; and,
- Promote, establish and maintain open lines of communication between the department and our community.
News and Alerts
POLICE RESERVE OFFICERS
The Osseo Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Reserve Officer. Reserve Officers are a volunteer, non-sworn position that assists the police department and the community with a wide variety of tasks. Some of these tasks are listed below:
- Reserve Officers conduct uniformed patrols of the city on an “observe and report” basis in a marked police squad. Reserve Officers are NOT licensed peace officers and do not carry firearms.
- Provide general security, traffic direction, public relations, etc. for community functions such as the annual Lions Roar celebration, Movies/Concerts in the park and other selected activities.
- Ride along with licensed peace officers.
- Assist the Police and Fire Departments in times of natural disasters and major emergencies; would require being on-call for such emergencies.
- Assist the Police Department with set-up, promotion and active participation in safety related events such as Night to Unite, the public safety booth at Lions Roar and other selected activities.
- Deliver city documents to City Council members and Planning Committee members.
The Reserve Officer program is a great way for citizens to give back to their community, find out how law enforcement works and create leadership and teamwork skills for day to day life.
To be eligible, a person must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Minnesota driver’s license with a good driving record, and be able to pass a background investigation.
For a complete job description and to apply, see our website at www.discoverosseo.com to download the necessary materials. Applications can also be picked up at the Osseo Police Department or by calling (763) 424-5444.
Completed applications are to be submitted to the Osseo Police Department by Friday, June 19th, 2015. Applications should be submitted via mail to the Osseo Police Department, Attention: Reserve Coordinator, 415 Central Ave., Osseo, MN 55369; Fax: (763) 424-4616; or E-Mail: email@example.com
Click HERE to get informed about recent department information and crime alerts.
Do you have information about a crime? Do you know the whereabouts of a known fugitive? If you have any information relating to a crime or a criminal and want to safely report it, go to the Crime Stoppers website, call 1.800.222.TIPS (8477), or send a text message to CRIMES (274637) and begin your message with TIP647.