As the economy continues to grind along into the recovery phase, entrepreneurs are seeking new places to set up businesses. The City of Osseo is an ideal location to start place your business, and here’s why:
1) Osseo is smack-dab in the middle of two very large communities in the northwest Twin Cities Metro area. To the east is Brooklyn Park and to the west is Maple Grove. Both cities boast populations of 60,000 people each. If you are looking for customers, they are all around us!
2) The landlords in Osseo offer very competitive and affordable lease rates. Compare them to Main Street in Maple Grove or downtown Brooklyn Park and you will find there is more value per square foot in Osseo than almost anywhere in the northwest metro.
3) Build your own facility on one of the existing properties currently available through the Osseo Economic Development Authority (EDA). Need more than one lot? The EDA is eager to work with developers to find the right-sized parcel for your business.
4) Buy an existing facility and remodel it to your liking. Osseo has a few existing properties and buildings just waiting for someone to come up and upgrade them. If you don’t see any ‘For Sale’ signs, stop by City Hall and talk to the staff. They always know what is happening around town.
5) Everybody knows your name – Just like when you were a kid, Osseo is that small community where people still walk instead of drive and pause on a street corner just to chat and catch up. If you spend any amount of time in this quaint community, people will know your name!
6) Work here…live here. Active development projects are bringing more and more people into town every year. Apartments are filling up and houses that go on the market sell quickly. Is your family looking for that perfect neighborhood to call home? It’s waiting for you here in Osseo. Excellent community services and a thriving school district make Osseo an ideal place to raise a family.
Starting a business in Osseo is easy and affordable. Just stop by City Hall and talk to our staff about how to get started. Bring your ideas, strategies and, of course, your business plan. Start your business in Osseo and be part of a community where everyone knows your name!
Riley Grams, City Planner, City of Osseo